Tools & Resources
Here you can get guidance on a variety of topics from how to effectively evaluate a nonprofit to how to engage your family in philanthropy. We invite you to learn and explore at your own pace. Click on the links below to learn more.
- Growth of a Donor – Discover what stage you’re at in your development as a donor.
- Values Questionnaire – Determine your core values that will guide how you give.
- Strategic Questionnaire – Take time to reflect on how you want to strategically approach your giving.
- How to Write a Mission Statement – Craft a mission statement that focuses your giving.
- Life Story Interview – Learn how an interview can help clarify your vision for giving.
- How to Effectively Evaluate a Nonprofit – Learn pointers to determine if a nonprofit fits your interests.
- How to Read a 990 – Know what to look for when reviewing an IRS Form 990.
- The How and Why of Volunteering – Learn helpful tips on how to make volunteering a meaningful experience.
- How to Evaluate Impact – Discover how best to assess the impact of your giving.
- How to be an Effective Board Member – Understand what it takes to be effective in this role.
- How to Give in Times of Crisis or Disaster – Learn how to maximize your impact during difficult times.
- Donor Case Study – See how donors develop transformative giving strategies through partnership.
Nonprofit Resource Guides
- Resource Guide: Community Empowerment & Voter Participation – Discover organizations working to advance civic engagement and increase voter participation.
- Resource Guide: Denouncing Asian Hate – Resources to guide those you may know who have been a target of anti-Asian violence, as well as what you can do to stop this epidemic of racism.
- Resource Guide: Social Justice and Black Empowerment – Learn about organizations committed to fighting for social justice and equity.
- Resource Guide: Unaccompanied Children – Learn about ways to support unaccompanied children as they integrate into our region and communities.
Featured Giving Opportunities
- Black Empowerment Fund – Invest in Black leaders and community-centered solutions to create a thriving Black community.
- LA Arts Recovery Fund – Support the recovery of arts institutions across LA County.
- LA County COVID- 19 Response Fund – Provide resources to community nonprofits and health care providers working on the ground to address the COVID-19 pandemic in LA County.
- Wildfire Relief Fund – Support long-term recovery efforts for major California wildfires.
- Immigrants are Los Angeles Fund – Invest in the infrastructure of nonprofits serving the immigrant community and expand access to critical legal immigration services.
Fund Management and Grantmaking
- The Giving Initiative – Review best practices to help ensure that your dollars remain active and engaged in the community.
- Leveraging CCF for Your Corporate Giving Program – Learn how CCF can support your company in giving back.
- Dos and Don’ts of Donor Advised Funds – Review guidance on what is and is not possible to do with donations from your DAF.
- Grantmaking Due Diligence Process – Learn about the policies that will protect the integrity of your grantmaking.
- Charitable Fund Guidelines – Review helpful guidelines to make your giving easy.
- How to Engage Your Family in Philanthropy – Discover how you can make giving a family affair.
- How to Engage the Next Generation– Learn pointers on how to involve the next generation in your family’s philanthropy.
- Next Gen Donor Case Study – See how next gen donors are reimagining what power and relationship look like in philanthropy.
- Donor Case Study – See how a family defines its giving across generations, interests, and time zones.
- How to Plan for Your Legacy – Get guidance on how to incorporate your charitable goals in your legacy plans.
- Sartori Circle’s Meet & Greet – Hear Sartori Circle members share what inspired them to use their personal legacy to create lasting change.
- Sartori Circle Guide to Gift Planning – Access materials to help you craft your legacy plans.
- Donor Case Study – See how we collaborate to carry out a $12.5 million testamentary gift for impact.