WTS Los Angeles Scholarship Program
WTS-LA is a leader in supporting and mentoring the next generation of transportation professionals in Southern California. For over 35 years, we have awarded scholarships to deserving women entering the transportation field. In just the past 10 years, our chapter has awarded more than 100 scholarships worth nearly half a million dollars.
In 2021, the WTS Los Angeles Scholarship Committee oversaw the distribution of more than $100,000 in competitive academic scholarships to twenty one (21) women in high school, community college, undergraduate, and graduate programs in transportation-related fields, including transportation engineering, planning, finance, and logistics. Learn more about our community college, undergraduate, and graduate-level scholarships here.
Our annual scholarship program provides significant financial support to high-achieving women seeking assistance to cover rising education costs. Help WTS-LA raise and award over $100,000 this year in scholarships for high school, community college, undergraduate, and graduate students!
How Can I Participate?
Private firms, public sector agencies, and individuals can contribute in two ways:
Donate to Name a Scholarship
Give a scholarship in your name (corporate, agency, or individual) and help choose the winning candidate – or establish an award for multiple years:
- High School – A minimum $2,500 annual commitment is required to name a separate scholarship in this category.
- Community College/Trade School – A minimum of $3,000 annual commitment is required to name a separate scholarship in this category.
- Undergraduate – A minimum $5,000 annual commitment is required to name a separate scholarship in this category.
- Graduate – A minimum $5,000 annual commitment is required to name a separate scholarship in this category
Donate to an Existing Scholarship
All donors of any amount will be recognized as contributors to the existing scholarships listed below.
- Ava Doner Memorial Undergraduate Scholarship
- Myra L. Frank Memorial Graduate Scholarship
- Equity in Transportation Scholarship (Graduate and/or Undergraduate)
To make a secure, tax-deductible donation online, click on the button below. Please note in the comments which scholarship you’d like to support and how you’d like it to be named if you’re sponsoring a full scholarship. You may also send checks payable to the California Community Foundation, noting that the donation is for the WTS-LA Scholarship Fund. Checks should be mailed to:
California Community Foundation
717 W Temple St.
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Contributions to the California Community Foundation represent irrevocable gifts subject to the legal and fiduciary control of the foundation’s board of directors. This charge will appear on your credit card statement as a payment to “Calif Comm Fdn – CCF”. In addition, California Community Foundation incurs a third-party administrative fee of 2.7 percent for credit card contributions. The foundation will charge the fee directly to the individual fund.