John Ondrasik of the band Five For Fighting launched a charity-driven Web site in 2007, whatkindofworlddoyouwant.com, the first music video community site that raised money for charitable organizations. Visitors to the site contributed by making and posting a video for the Five For Fighting song, “World,” or by watching videos on the site. The charities personally chosen by John Ondrasik included Augie’s Quest, Save The Children, Fisher House Foundation, Autism Speaks and Operation Homefront. This project raised over $250,000 for the designated charities.
In 2021, John became involved with many organizations performing evacuations from Afghanistan of American Citizens, SIV holders, Afghan allies, and persons of high risk. His Afghanistan withdrawal protest song “Blood on my Hands” became a viral voice for many Afghan veterans. These experiences led to launch a bipartisan mission Americans for Afghanistan.
Americans for Afghanistan Five for Fighting Mission Points:
1. Support NGO’s who are continuing to evacuate and rescue American Citizens, SIV holders, Legal Permanent Residents, Afghan allies, and person of high risk still trapped in Afghanistan.
2. Provide Support and Services for Afghan Veterans suffering from PTSD due to the abandonment of their Afghan allies.
3. Be a loud and clear voice on behalf of the women and children of Afghanistan who are suffering the greatest women’s and children’s rights retrogradation in recent history.
4. Magnify the voices of Afghan artists who have escaped the Taliban and call for an end to the suppression of music, free expression, and the arts in Afghanistan.
5. Support, highlight, and create relocation efforts for Afghan refugees around the world.
All donations to Whatkindofworlddoyouwant.com will serve charitable organizations that serve the Americans for Afghanistan five mission points. Recipients will include the Gary Sinise Foundation and The Afghanistan National Institute of Music. More beneficiaries will be added soon.
In partnership with the California Community Foundation, online contributions can be made here.
To make a secure, tax-deductible donation online, click on the button below. You may also send checks payable to the California Community Foundation, noting that the donation is for the WhatKindOfWorldDoYouWant.com. Checks should be mailed to:
California Community Foundation
221 S. Figueroa St., Suite 400
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Contributions to the California Community Foundation represent irrevocable gifts subject to the legal and fiduciary control of the foundation’s board of directors. This charge will appear on your credit card statement as a payment to “Calif Comm Fdn – CCF”. In addition, California Community Foundation incurs a third-party administrative fee of 2.7 percent for credit card contributions. The foundation will charge the fee directly to the individual fund.