Jennifer Taylor Honick Foundation for Humanity
The Jennifer Taylor Honick Foundation was established by Gigi Michaels in 2000 through The California Community Foundation (CCF), in memory of her daughter Jennifer as a continued celebration of her life and many accomplishments.
As an advocate for the disability community, the foundation is currently serving as a fundraising, marketing & development partner for Whirlwind Wheelchair International. We are proud to be a part of an organization that focuses on producing durable, low cost wheelchairs which are distributed in over 60 countries worldwide, while contributing to sustainable local economic development. Whirlwind also makes the proper fitting of the wheelchairs a priority above all else. The RoughRider wheelchair was specifically designed to enable people with physical disabilities to navigate the rugged terrain that is often a major issue in developing countries that would otherwise make independence through mobility inaccessible. The gift of a wheelchair helps those with disabilities to develop a true sense of independence by providing them access to education, social engagement and work opportunities.
“We believe that all children, regardless of their abilities or circumstances should have an opportunity to share in educational and social experiences that enrich their hearts, minds, bodies and souls. And inclusion is one of the most important gifts we can give any child at risk.”
With your support we look forward to continuing to do just that!
THE JTH FOUNDATION is proud to have contributed to many other projects over the years that have included:
- THE RAIN SHELTER IN CAMARILLO ~ a transitional home for displaced families where two rooms have been built in memory of Jenny.
SCHOLARSHIPS & GRANTS
- EVERYBODY DANCE ~ Grants for inner city dance program for at-risk youth
- THE WESTLAKE HIGH SCHOOL DANCE TEAM ~ Scholarships for at-risk youth
- THE VISUALLY IMPAIRED YOUTH of MARIN COUNTY ~ Scholarships for visually impaired teens
- THE SANTA BARBARA YMCA ~ Scholarships for at-risk youth
- LOS ANGELES UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT ~ Scholarships for disadvantaged youth
PROGRAM FUNDING / SPECIFIC SUPPORT
- CANINE COMPANIONS FOR INDEPENDENCE ~ A non-profit organization that enhances the lives of people with disabilities by providing highly trained assistance dogs at no charge to the recipient.
- THE CONEJO VALLEY FRIENDSHIP CIRCLE ~ The Friendship Circle is a non-profit organization that addresses the challenges facing the families of children with special needs in a novel and innovative way.
- THE STEPHENS HOUSE ~ A transitional programs for young adults with disabilities.
- MENDING KIDS INTERNATIONAL ~ non-profit organization that provides surgeries to children across the world while training local medical communities to become self-sustaining.
As a donor directed fund, virtually all monies donated are designated directly to people in need. Only 1% of the total fund is used to provide for administrative purposes, which is why CCF was chosen to manage the JTH foundation. As we continue to build the endowment, we look forward to providing many more opportunities for children in need.
If you would like to make a secure, tax-deductible donation online, just click on the donation button located below and know that you will be helping to make a difference in the life of someone in need.
You may also send checks payable to the California Community Foundation, noting that the donation is for the Jennifer Taylor Honick Foundation for Humanity.
To make a secure, tax-deductible donation online, click on the button below. You may also send checks payable to the California Community Foundation, noting that the donation is for the Jennifer Taylor Honick Foundation for Humanity. Checks should be mailed to:
California Community Foundation
221 S. Figueroa St., Suite 400
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Contributions to the California Community Foundation represent irrevocable gifts subject to the legal and fiduciary control of the foundation’s board of directors. This charge will appear on your credit card statement as a payment to “Calif Comm Fdn – CCF”. In addition, California Community Foundation incurs a third-party administrative fee of 2.7 percent for credit card contributions. The foundation will charge the fee directly to the individual fund.