Jennifer Taylor Honick Foundation for Humanity
The Jennifer Taylor Honick Foundation was established by Gigi Michaels in 2000 through The California Community Foundation (CCF), as a continued celebration of her daughter Jenny’s life and many accomplishments. The mission of the foundation is to enhance the quality of life for disabled and at-risk youth through educational and social experiences, enriching their hearts, minds, bodies and souls.
Jenny, whose life was tragically lost in an automobile accident at the young age of 16, was a role model and inspiration to all that knew her. After her passing, her family was overwhelmed with stories and anecdotes from others of how she selflessly provided guidance and sustenance to others she felt were in need.
Through the continued generosity of its many donors, the foundation has been able to build an endowment, enabling it to make many life-enhancing contributions over the years to others in need.
Among them, The Jennifer Taylor Honick Foundation is proud to have made contributions to the following charities:
- The Rain Shelter in Camarillo – a transition home for displaced families where two rooms have been built in memory of Jenny.
- Whirlwind Wheelchairs –funding wheelchairs for disabled youth
Scholarships, Grants & Camperships
- Everybody Dance! – Inner City dance program for at-risk youth
- The Westlake High School Dance Team – Scholarships for at-risk youth
- The Visually Impaired of Marin County – Scholarships for visually impaired teens
- The Santa Barbara YMCA – Camperships for at-risk youth
- Los Angeles Unified School District– Scholarships for disadvantaged youth
Program Funding / Specific Support
- Canine Companions – Provides service dogs to people in the disability community
- The Conejo Valley Friendship Circle – Provides support programs for families with children who have special needs
- The Stephens House – Transitional Programs for young adults with disabilities
- Mending Kids International – Provides life-changing surgical care to children worldwide
- Buttercup Preschool – A developmental preschool for children with special needs
As a donor directed fund, virtually all monies donated are designated directly to a specific child. Only 1% of the total fund is used to provide for administrative purposes, which is why CCF was chosen to manage Jenny’s foundation. As we continue to build the endowment, we look forward to providing many more opportunities for children in need.
We believe that all children, regardless of their abilities or circumstances should have an opportunity to share in educational and social experiences that enrich their hearts, minds, bodies and souls.
With your support we look forward to continuing to do just that!
To make a secure, tax-deductible donation online, click on the button below. You may also send checks payable to the California Community Foundation, noting that the donation is for the Jennifer Taylor Honick Foundation for Humanity. Checks should be mailed to:
California Community Foundation
221 S. Figueroa St., Suite 400
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Contributions to the California Community Foundation represent irrevocable gifts subject to the legal and fiduciary control of the foundation’s board of directors. This charge will appear on your credit card statement as a payment to “Calif Comm Fdn – CCF”. In addition, California Community Foundation incurs a third-party administrative fee of 2.7 percent for credit card contributions. The foundation will charge the fee directly to the individual fund.